Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nostalgia of sorts ...

It seems that I have a tendency to run across old photos. Maybe it's because I'm trying to find something and I stumble over a box of photos. I am not like my sister who is about the most organized person in the world when it comes to photos. She has photograph albums for each of her children and each of the years of their lives. She has photograph albums of her life with Allen -- okay, Allen, it would take loads of albums to keep up with your life! LOL!! She is just about finished transferring her hundreds (it seems) of videotapes to DVD's -- and how fun to watch some of those in the process! Jene' is now a junior at Olivet majoring in Nursing. I think that she was well on her way to being a movie producer (or writing plays) when she was just about 10 or 11! I was there on a couple occasions when she and Shara and others (Potter children, maybe) put on a 'play'. What lengths they went to!!

I found an old photo of my mother, dad and Don Wardlaw. How my mind went flying back over time! I remember staying with Don and Etta Mae. I believe they only had two children at that time. It is the only time I remember wanting to stay home from school and telling them I was sick. I probably was .. but just missed my parents! I really don't remember if they made me go to school or if they felt sorry for me at the time! I was in Don's sister's wedding -- I think Marilyn Cook and I were candlelighters! That was an honor for us! And it's neat to keep up with these friends across the years.


This photo was taken in front of the church my dad pastord in Noblesville, Indiana, I believe. How many years ago was this?? I don't have a clue -- but it has been a long time. It is also hard to believe that of the three of them, only one remains here. The other two are celebrating in heaven! What a legacy!!

No comments: