Monday, June 23, 2008

Where's the power when you need it??

We'll see if I actually get this posted. Some big transformer of some sort either caught on fire or blew up and all of our area is out of power -- it happened about 2:30 or so -- it is after 5:00pm and the update says, "We're sorry. This is taking longer than expected!" The crazy thing is that it seems to be a pick and choose kind of thing. Some traffic lights are on -- some aren't. Whatever the case, we had power come back on for all of about 30 minutes and then it went off again. Who knows when it will be back on .. guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm on my laptop and so far, the power is up to snuff -- but that could change before long!

It happened not far from Tim and Sandi's house -- where all kinds of electric stuff is located and I know there is a name -- switching station or something like that. (Don't throw any tomatoes at my ignorance .. then again, they aren't selling many of those these days anyway!)

I went to the Progress Energy website and they show our entire area without power but said it should be would be up at 4:30pm -- hmm -- it's 5:15pm and the power is still off. I guess it's now up to the 'powers that be'! Sad pun, huh?

No comments: