Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Major Road Trip!!!

... and fairly uneventful. Except for the person who decided to pull out from under an overpass yesterday during a torrential rainfall -- almost right beside me. Fortunately, I didn't slam on the brakes (which would have been a typical reaction) so that I would hydroplane! But, rather, imagine this -- I kept my cool except for hitting the horn about a zillion times to make sure they knew someone was right there!! The driver behind me was alert as well!! Thank the Lord!!

Truly, I am so thankful for safety on the road ... I made it back from Atlanta (rain and all) in about 7-1/2 hours and was very thankful to pull into our driveway about 7:45pm last night!!

Let's see -- I can hardly remember when I began -- two weeks ago tomorrow, I ...

  • Visited Teri and her family
  • Drove to Atlanta and spent three days there
  • Stopped on the way to Indianapolis in Murfreesboro TN (where the gas price was $3.79/gal (hurray!)
  • Drove on to Indianapolis and spent a night with my mother-in-law (and got to see three nieces, two of which I had not met before)
  • On to Rachel's house for two days -- video games and all (no, didn't win -- came in third out of four -- not bad for me!) Spent some time with my dad!
  • Back to Indianapolis and a couple nights at Bob's sister's (Betty) house
  • During that time (on the 4th), was at Bob's sister's (Linda's) home as I've already shared about
  • Left early Saturday morning -- stopped to spend the night in Cartersville, GA
  • Spent Sunday through Monday noon in Atlanta
  • Drove home yesterday ...

And it's good to be home -- but enjoyed the trip immensely!

No comments: