Saturday, January 8, 2011

Do they ever grow up? Or mature? Or something?

I get amused at our girls ... all of them at different times but Teri in particular today. She, Jeff and another couple are flying to Las Vegas for a couple days. Their plans have been to meet up with two of Bob's nephews who live there and she has communicated with them ... well, up until this morning. They were (are) to fly out of Orlando early this morning and somewhere along the way, I got a text asking if I could possibly connect with both Greg and Stan to see if they could meet them at a particular restaurant there. It seems she couldn't log on to Facebook this morning prior to getting on the plane.

Bob and I are heading over to Winter Haven on Monday to watch their children for two days -- no, they are not being left unattended until we get there -- two babysitters in the meantime. But, I remembered the last time we 'child sat' .. they left very early in the morning and I awoke to a short list of things she (Teri) had forgotten to do and wondered if I could take care of them. Hmmm ... I'm the mom -- I thought I made the lists! :) And a couple of the tasks were a little more complicated than dropping the kids off at school ... but, I must be a good mom because I was able to text her that the jobs I could do quickly were already done and the other one was on my schedule for the day. And yup .. it got done!

So, do they ever grow up? That's debatable .. but, I still love being a mom and somehow that instinct keeps us available to our children no matter how old they are! Did I contact the guys this morning? Of course .. and sent her a text before she got on the plane ... well, I think it was before. She didn't answer but that might be because the text was to and from Jeff's phone. Where's Teri's phone? Who knows ... she lost it again! Nope, that's not one job I will do for her .. there are some things you just have to leave to them ..

No comments: