Saturday, December 29, 2007

Can't put everything in a title!!

Well ... my title would be way too long if I tried to put everything there ... so, perhaps I should just do the bullet thing!! (Don't worry -- no guns involved!)

  • I arrived safe and sound and guess what -- Keelan was right there to welcome me. Remember when I said if I didn't pay attention, watch out! Oh, he got my attention okay -- bouncing up and down -- and a big yellow lab jumping is quite interesting. He 'talked' and then went racing for his new toy! He brought it to me for me to take one end and for him to pull relentlessly for as long as I could stand it. He's one strong dog! As I am typing, he lays behind me.
  • BIG NEWS!! Our son-in-law, Chris, just received his Bachelor's degree in Church Ministries! We are very proud of him. He has worked hard to complete this -- I saw the final exam and it was long and tedious! Congratulations, Chris! He is also now a licensed minister! I know his mother is even prouder than we are ... Chris has such a testimony and we know that God will bless his ministry.
  • All four girls and their children were together yesterday to exchange gifts between the grandchildren. I was on my way to Atlanta so missed this particular celebration. (Maybe all the activity would have 'spazzed' me out and the girls would be wishing I would leave! lol!) Pictures will follow, I'm sure!
  • It's supposed to rain here in Atlanta ... BIG PTL!!! They have needed rain desperately and it looks like we may get 2 inches in the next 24 hours!
  • My dad spent a few hours in the hospital this evening. He was having some shortness of breath and since he has had some more serious episodes in the past, the nursing home decided to send him to the hospital -- we were glad to here he has returned to the nursing home and he is okay. This is a difficult time of the year for him. With my mother's passing -- and his best friend there faces the prospect of losing his leg due to diabetes.
  • My mother-in-law got to meet William Brown II recently and was excited to tell me. William and Tammy were at a Cracker Barrel in the Indianapolis area (Southport Road) with Randy and Jane Huff. I'm afraid whenever I see or hear about Jane (better known to our family as Janie), I am taken back to Central Nazarene Church in Indianapolis where we met her family for the first time -- I think Janie was 9 years old! Bob was serving as Youth Pastor / Minister of Music. What memories we have from over the years -- picking her and her brother and sister up for church, she and her sister, Lisa, staying with our girls, Janie going on the trip to Jamaica when our girls were just 12 and 13 (and I know she was such a comfort to them), seeing the picture of Janie kissing WHO? Oh, Frisch's Big Boy -- she was soooo glad to be back on American soil! Of course, then there have been the Homecoming events when the girls volleyball teams of years gone by have played the current teams. (Janie's niece, Robin, has promised to play if Roxanne will come to one of those events! Roxanne was on a team with two of Janie's nieces!) So, even though Janie is all grown up and mom of two boys and has a husband that we are sure God had especially picked out for her, I still see the little girl sitting on the same seat as Grandma Palmer beside her little sister, Lisa. I remember telling her and Randy when we visited them a few years ago in Kentucky that I don't ever remember Janie being anything but sweet ... when other kids might have bad attitudes and knowing that her life had been anything but perfect -- she always had a great attitude. Whomever she serves will be blessed, I'm sure! Why did I write all of this? Maybe it's because Bob and I talked today about gratitude and how important it is to share gratitude! It can change your perspective on life in general.

Okay, so now I have rambled! I do wish I could find the photo of Janie kissing that 'boy'. I'm sure her boys would be thrilled to see it as well.

And, congratulations again, Chris!

No comments: