Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Nana, Do you like my "wig-wap"??

That was Tyler's question to me today ... that was after Sandi had tried for about an hour to figure out how to put the wigwam together for Tyler. Lots of poles -- no instructions included! I guess they figured there's only so much you can do with poles!! Finally, Tim took over the task and when he was done, it did look like a wigwam. Tyler later proudly announced that he now had a WIG-WAP!! I asked him to repeat it and he assured me he knew what it was ... a WIG-WAP!! I'm sure we'll have fun telling his children about it!


I took my turn at playing Air Hockey with Tyler today. He's very competitive so I did have to work hard to beat him. I did -- ooops! Not good to do to a grandchild so I graciously lost the next game although he was certain it was because of his great skill that he beat "Nana". And it well could be!!

Our family was scattered several places today but we all talked on the phone and all of us had a wonderful day! We are going to go look at Christmas lights soon -- oh, it's still about 66 degrees and 6:30pm so it will be a nice drive. There are some areas here which decorate to the max -- one area we try to always go to because it is also a fund raiser for Hospice. An entire residential area decks out all their homes -- we were going to go through it last night but when Tyler told us he really needed to go to the bathroom and the traffic going into the decorated area was at an almost standstill, we opted to go tonight. We will have two boys with us tonight -- RJ and Tyler -- we'll see how long they last before they do the 'brother' thing. What do brothers do? They love each other and drive each other crazy!

Which reminds me of my brother, Tim. His wife, Susan, called to say "Merry Christmas" and then handed the phone to Tim. I heard this lilting, charismatic voice say, "Hey, Sis!" And I wondered where I was ... I pulled the phone away from my ear to double check to make sure it was really Susan who had called because I would have sworn it was Mark on the phone. Tim got a huge laugh out of that one! I called Rachel to tell her what he had done -- yup, he had done it to her, too!! I think he was a quite pleased with himself today!!


No comments: