Friday, December 28, 2007

Things change ... plans change ...

I got up, packed the van and got ready to head towards Atlanta. However, I didn't like the sound of my van -- Tim says it sounds like something to do with the fuel injectors. Anyway, as I headed towards the interstate, I really was second guessing whether I should drive it that far -- by myself.

So, I headed back towards home, called Sandi and asked her to check on rental cars. Right! In Florida -- in Tampa / St Pete between Christmas and New Year's! None to be had .. anywhere. Well, maybe Rent-a-Wreck but that wouldn't be too comforting.

So, as I drove back, Sandi got on-line and found a flight through Charlotte to Atlanta. However, I wasn't excited about paying anything much for a flight so headed home to see what I could find out. I still had Delta frequent flyer miles and to make a long story short since I need to leave in a few minutes, I had enough for a flight .. and amazingly enough, there were several itineraries from which to choose! Wow! Now, on to a car ... my brother has vehicles but they are always in use so I thought I'd check -- yup, a car for less than $100!! By the time I did pay the fee for getting a frequent flyer ticket this close to the flight, it was still less than it would have been had I driven up and back -- due to the gas prices right now!

So, I am blessed -- I will lean back, enjoy the flight -- and leave the driving (um, flying) to someone else!!

No comments: