Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bottle, anyone??

I'm not sure how many would remember when I was given the job of trying to give our grandson, Rudy, a bottle since his mommy and daddy were gone overnight. At 3am, it was not necessarily a pretty sight -- no, I should clarify that -- it didn't sound good. He was quite furious with me for even thinking that a bottle would substitute for his mom!! So, I diligently worked with him whenever I babysat to try to get him to accept it. He finally did although begrudgingly!


However, today I am once again in Winter Haven .. I stopped by Teri's office where Rudy was hanging out with her. She handed him a bottle, he grabbed it and promptly put it in his mouth and sucked away!! I'm sure I should be able to take credit for that, right?? All my diligenty training paid off, I'm sure ... lol!! Probably not but it was a good thought for the moment. And, yes, I reminded his mother of all the agony we went through when he was insulted that I would suggest giving him a bottle -- even if it was breast milk!!

I wasn't sure if Rudy would remember me since it had been about 6 weeks since I had seen him last. However, he came to me quickly and laid his face against mine for a few minutes. I knew he remembered!!

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

What a doll baby!!

Bette said...

He is adorable, Linda. I know you are enjoying being with him again....bette