Friday, March 7, 2008

I was heading for Atlanta today (by car) but I delayed leaving St Pete today after watching the weather forecast for northern Florida -- I actually only waited an hour but that kept me from being in the middle of some of the worst weather there. Other than driving through some rain (which wasn't too bad -- been in a lot worse!), the trip went well. Thanks so much for your prayers and for those who "checked in" ... it's good to have reminders of prayer support along the way. Of course, I had girls checking up on me as well!

I got a wet welcome -- but it wasn't from the rain but rather from Tim and Susan's dog, Keelin, who was quite excited that I had paid him another visit!

When I arrived in Atlanta tonight, I was amused by some of the weather advisories ... at the bottom of the TV, it had ....

Tornado Warning
Snow Advisory
Wind Advisory

Tornado and snow??? Now that's interesting -- I'm sure the snow was up in the northern GA mountains but it did seem sort of contradictory. However, there was a tornado touchdown and I believe snow is falling -- and I just heard there will be snow showers possibly in the morning.

1 comment:

Mary C said...

Lynda, Your weather sounds like OK weather. Enjoy reading your blog. Mary C