Monday, June 2, 2008

Graduation Day, etc.

Since Shara's graduation was to be held at 91st Street Christian Church on the north side of Indy, I decided to visit my mother's grave which wasn't too far out of the way. I'm glad I did -- Jene', Seth Mark and Shaley were with me. Then we headed on to Shara's graduation. Here are a few photos of that day, too. I will be heading to Indy today and then home to Florida tomorrow. I enjoy being here but will be glad to get back home, too.
We did do one unusual thing which used to be very 'usual'. We had dinner together at the MCL Cafeteria near the church. That was my parents' favorite place to eat and even though most of the siblings are from the Indy area, no one had eaten there since my mother had passed away. I think it was a fortunate thing that the room where we usually ate together as a family was reserved so we ate in a different section. So, it was a bitter / sweet time together.








1 comment:

JoEllen K. said...

Linda,
Since this is a small town, how many were in the graduating class? JoEllen