Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A special birthday!!

My dad told my sister, Rachel, that he was feeling sad and a little lonely. She reminded him that today would have been my mother's birthday. While his mind is very alert, he sometimes loses track of what the actual date is. He immediately recognized the date and I'm sure spent the evening reminiscing as he often does.

So, a happy birthday in memory of my mother. I thought I'd add just a few photos here as I remember the special lady who gave birth to six of us. I'm sure she wasn't sure what she had gotten herself into with four boys and two girls! We were the bookends -- four boys between us! I think there were even times when all she could do was shake her head -- especially when my brothers got old enough to know exactly how to 'push her buttons'. Actually, I think her sons-in-law, Allen (Southerland) and Bob learned how to master that! But, she seemed to be a pretty good sport for the most part!

So ... lest I ramble too much, here are a few photos just for the memory ... happy birthday, Mother! You are never out of our minds and hearts! And you would be amused at some of the times we remember you most ...

(I've also included a photo of my mother, her brother, Cecil, her mother and her sister, Wanda. We are blessed that even though my mother and my grandmother have gone onto heaven, both Uncle Cecil and Aunt Wanda are very much a part of our lives!)


No comments: