Friday, August 22, 2008

Grandkids .. ya gotta love 'em ....

Taking some time away from my leg woes ... which are actually getting less, thankfully, as I continue to progress ...

Kamen -- our almost 10 year old grandson who is now in the 4th grade. He has been such a great little helper over the past few days. He especially enjoyed pushing my wheelchair (which I use if I'm not on the walker right now) and getting me a drink, etc. However, when he came in to ask again if he could be of service, I thought I'd have a little fun with him ... "Uh, I need to go to the bathroom." He decided he'd pass on that task! He has a cute little giggle that sort of says, "I think I need to say something but what do I say??" In the midst of the giggles and laughter, there is pain for him this week. One of his classmates lost his dad (in his 30's) so he is trying hard to be of comfort. What a task for a 9 (almost 10) year old!! So, if you think about it, please pray for Donovan, Kamen's friend.

Skipping to the youngest of the grandkids, Rudy ... he has now mastered walking so he is everywhere, all the time. He dearly loves his sisters -- who dearly love to 'terrorize' him. I'm sure they don't actually do that but he doesn't seem to be too bothered by it. Teri said that Regan was doing her homework on the couch (usually she's at a table but had an 'injured' ankle), Rudy ran up to her, gave her a big hug and went on his way.

RJ, 5, started kindergarten this year and loves it! I think Shonna would like him to have at least expressed some hesitancy about leaving the nest, but he was ready to go!!

Tyler always keeps me intrigued -- all I have to do is listen! He comes up with some pretty interesting things but I really have fun when it comes to questions. He'll tell me something and I'll jump into a question and answer session. He's a great sport -- I must have asked him something a little embarrassing the other day because he burst into giggles and never did quite answer whatever question it is I asked. Due to the medications I have been taking (but are much less now), who knows what I asked him?

He yelled to me a couple days ago -- I couldn't hear him so asked Kasi what he said. She said, "He said, 'I love you, Nana!'"

Aw .. the blessings of grandchildren!!!

No comments: