Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Think I Sound Like my Grandmother! Oh, my!!

I remember when my dear Swedish grandmother would look over her glasses and inform me that there had been a meeting of the board (her kids) and they had decided what needed to be done! She would then tell me that Aunt Wanda was the chairman! What a job she had -- we loved our grandmother but she truly defined the term, "Stubborn Swede" ... I think my mother inherited that as well!!

So ... with that in mind, I thought I would give a short update as I keep falling asleep as I type this. The computer may end up on the floor if I don't pay atention ... So, here's my update and hopefully it is done before I actually fall asleep!

I am settled in at home now with my specialized home health care crew in place. Clipboards in hand, they tell me what I should eat, not eat, what medication to take, when to take it, what not to eat when I take it, what medication needs food, have I done the exercises on the bed, off the bed, have I walked enough, have I not walked enough and the clincher was, 'have you gone to the bathroom yet' .. okay, that's getting a little personal. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was asking you that same question!!!!! Thanks, Rox and Sandi - you are doing a great job!

I'm sure I'll have photos tomorrow!!! I'm just toooo sleepy ...

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Going to the bathroom is pretty important!!! :) Glad you have your help!! We're still praying for you and your recovery!