Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More of the same ....

Another doctor's appointment today -- I thought it wouldn't take that long -- no stitches or staples. Ha!! It took just as long as yesterday primarily because we were sitting in an exam room -- waiting and waiting and waiting ... Roxanne and Shonna were with me again and I felt like I was back when they were just little kids. Their playful banter finally brought a "Stop it" from me.

Roxanne's day was made when a lab technician came in and told her she looked familiar and wondered whether they had gone to school together. When the gal told Rox that she was in her middle 20's, Rox had to tell her she was MUCH older!

Finally .... my doctor arrived -- this is my primary doctor who has also monitored the blood clot issue. He told me I would be on blood thinner until I was up and moving well -- hopefully just a couple months. He wanted to look at my incision, said it looked great and then asked, "And how much weight are you allowed to put on your leg?" I was a little surprised at the question so answered, "NONE!"

He chuckled and said, "I was just checking. We give patients info but a lot of the time, they pay no attention. I just wanted to see if you understood,"

I assured him I did! Finally, we were on our way ... whew! What two days -- about 5 hours in doctor's offices makes one tired!

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

So glad you have your girls helping you and keeping your spirits up. It's good to hear that you are mending!!!