Monday, August 25, 2008

Sleeping all night ...

Isn't that what we talk about in regards to our babies ... well, I guess I must be reverting to early childhood. I slept all night last night!! Hurray!! The night before -- I slept for about two hours -- was awake from 2am until almost 5am.. then slept for a couple more hours. I can't believe I stayed awake so long yesterday!! Then again, over the past couple weeks, I think I slept enough to cover the next month or so!

I'm glad no one had a video camera around when I was in the hospital ... I would start a conversation and drift off into sleep -- right smack in the middle of it. Or, I would be working on my computer which was in my lap. I learned to make sure that it couldn't fall on the floor because I would by typing and all at once, realize I had drifted off. Now that I am not as medicated, I actually can complete a task without going into lala land -- or waking myself up snoring ... yikes!! Uh-oh ... almost caught myself napping and it's only 8am!!

I was glad to get out yesterday even though it was to go to a funeral. What a sweet funeral service for our dear friend, Jim Weiler. Please pray for his wife, Bev. They had been married for 66 years!! Bev was so thrilled that we were there to celebrate Jim's life. I do know I must add some sort of red flag on my foot to alert people of an oncoming vehicle even if it is a wheelchair. I made sure I sat in the back!!

I was so amused by a lady at church who hugged me and said, "I didn't recognize the leg on the wheelchair!" It was good to be back at church and see so many friends I haven't seen in a while.

I did tease Doris Bullock, our pastor's (Rex Bullock) mother. She is heading to Denver today to spend six weeks with her daughter, Beth Batton, and her family. I asked her, "Do you know what is going on in Denver this week?" She assured me she did and I told her I admired her for heading there right during the Democratic Convention!

So much for a few ramblings on a Monday morning ... by the way, I decided that the next time we go shopping at Sam's, we'll opt for a day other than Saturday!

No comments: