Thursday, August 28, 2008

My not so crazy brother claims the 'crazy brother' status now!!


Joel has always been the 'steady' one of our bunch. That's not to say that all of us are 'unsteady' but if you were to follow each of us around for a day, the one to get the least ruffled by anything would be Joel. He's sort of the middle child -- well, the younger of the two middle kids. Mark is the one older ... and he has enough energy for all the rest of us combined. Polar opposites you might say. Put them together and you would expect Mark to be the risk taker -- let's have some fun!! Joel wound ponder it for a little while and then give you an answer that started out with a drawn out, "Weeelllllll" ... and usually ends up with "we'll see what happens ...."

Imagine my shock when I found out what Joel's two children had given him for his 50th birthday. I don't think he looks that old and in the photo above, he's having his fun again by adding bunny ears behind Rachel's head. You gotta be fast when you take family photos or you see them in the most serious of poses!!

So, here was the latest info from Joel's daughter, Jacinta, on what he is doing to celebrate his 50th birthday which, by the way, was last December 21st. It either took him that long to get up his courage -- or just that long to get it arranged. I'm pretty sure it is the latter. No one has ventured out to join him although I'm sure they will be somewhere around watching ... you wouldn't find me anywhere near!!!

From Jacinta ... Hi everybody!! Soooo, dad has selected a date for the skydiving adventure, weather permitting we are looking @ Saturday, Sept 13.

Yup, he is going sky diving!!! Yikes alive!! I'm not sure whether to pray for safety or something that will keep him from going. As he told me in his laid back voice, "It's just something I always thought would be fun to do!" Okay, Joel, you go jump outta some plane .. but you better be all in one piece when you land!!

The brother who is so steady ... I hope he stays steady on course in the air, too!!!

No comments: