Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ready for take-off, I think ....

I was 'officially' cleared for take-off by my doctor today! He took one look at my x-rays and said, "It looks fabulous" which must have meant I have behaved myself for the past almost four months. He told me it was time to shed the walker as much as possible but when he asked me if I had good balance, I had to plead the fifth! He thought perhaps I should keep it handy yet try to walk as much without it. He did suggest I take it shopping -- that it will provide protection and I'm sure it will. People will avoid you like the plague if you are in a wheelchair or with a walker. Somehow they are sure that it has to be "brain" related unless you say a few words to them that assures them that you are truly 'all there'! Interesting to say the least!

So, I will try sprouting wings -- not really. But I will venture out more and more on my own. Pretty funny to feel like a child who is learning to walk -- "Look, Mom! I can walk now"! Or, "Look, Mom, no more training wheels". Okay, I am beginning to feel pretty silly and quite foolish so better stop before I really go over the edge ...

1 comment:

Bette said...

I am so glad to hear you are healing so well. Just take it easy and if all else fails - Just be careful, Linda.....Love, Bette