Friday, December 5, 2008

You can only post ONE ....

... You can only post ONE photo that is .... that was the order I received from Roxanne last night after she and Kamen made Christmas cookies. I wasn't sure what was going on other than the smell of freshly baked cookies so decided to stay clear of kitchen until I heard, "Mom, can you come help with the icing?" I wasn't sure what to expect and it's always a challenge using a mixer with confectioners sugar. We may not have snow down here -- but we can surely create some artificial snow of sorts! So ... I helped get it whipped into shape and they did the rest. I then escaped to another part of the house for the time being so as not to be in the way right then.

It wasn't long before Kamen found me in the office with, "Nana, would you like a cookie?" He was so proud of what they had done and he should be!


Within the next couple weeks, I'll have a visit by two other little guys as we do our annual Christmas cookie baking/decorating project. Kamen joins us sometimes but as he is growing up, he is reaching a new level. It's different to see him holding his little niece and feeding her or just holding her. He's quite the doting uncle ... although that desciption is usually kept for old people and Kamen is definitely not old at 10 years old!

Funny things happen in our house and last night was one of those after the cookies were all iced and settled for the night. I had seen Kamen and he usually says, "Hi, Nana" as he passes, which he did. I headed toward the kitchen and just as I did, he ran from the kitchen across the dining room and towards the bathroom. He didn't realize that I was heading his way. He passed me and since it was rather dim, he was about scared out of his wits. He yelled and then stood in front of the bathroom door for a few minutes with his hand over his heart trying to settle himself. I reminded him that I had just talked to him about 30 seconds before but he assumed I had gone into my room! Poor thing -- he'll just never be the same since his grandmother almost scared him to death!!

I don't think Roxanne will be too upset with me for posting these -- after all, she's had them on her facebook site for maybe an hour or so ... lol!



No comments: