Friday, October 19, 2007

Gotta date with the little guy ...


Tomorrow, I will spend the day with Rudy -- our almost 6 month old grandson. Hopefully, he has decided that a bottle is acceptable and that he has given permission for his mommy to have a break. I think big sister, Marley, may be home with me, too, although the other two girls, Regan and Bailey, have plans to spend the day at Cypress Gardens. (Not by themselves, of course!)


It is such a delight to watch grandchildren grow up! Tyler is reading fairly well so when Sandi and I are walking in the mall, he is reading the signs along the way. He likes to pick out long words to sound out and for the most part, does pretty well. Kamen struck out two (he's an awesome pitcher) in baseball last night along with getting two good hits. He also got to practice with the 'big boys' at Northside (where he attends and Chris coaches) .. big boys meaning the senior high boys. Kamen is quite the athlete and does well in whatever he tries. It comes so naturally!


In about two weeks, Kasi will turn 17! It seems like just yesterday she was a baby and we wonder where the years went. Kids nowadays face things we didn't face although when we were growing up, we had challenges of our own. I've had some good talks with Kasi ... and I'm glad she feels she can talk pretty openly with me. I try not to act too shocked by some things she shares! I share my concerns but if I interject too much, she's ready to shut down with "when I share, everyone jumps on me." An assurance of "we want what is best for you" seems like just a chiche'. But, she still knows we care!


Oh ... I talked to my dad tonight and Opal seems to be on better behavior. She has slowed down her persistent stalking of him except for an occasional "Ed" or telling someone that "RC has a new girlfriend". (Jene', his granddaughter!) He said that the nurses have tried to be helpful as well in running interference for him. He was having a great time with a "new" family there tonight -- singing together! He truly seems to have found his place of ministry right there! It was just about three months ago when the doctor told us he wasn't sure how long he would be around ... but he's doing great.


On to sons-in-law -- Tim (Sandi's husband) has been really sick and finally went to the doctor. He has an ear infection, upper respiratory infection and bronchitis! He's been one sick guy! Jeff (Teri's husband) has damaged his knee so he'll see the doctor this week for that.


So, I'll be up in the morning and headed for Winter Haven ... y'all pray for me that I'll do a great job in getting that little guy to take a bottle! I'm sure he will do great -- at least, with some coaxing. However, he is teething so that could complicate matters. I'm taking my camera this time -- and my flip video! He's growing up too fast! They all are! I'm not ready to get old yet!


No comments: