Thursday, October 18, 2007

Update on my dad's "Wanted" status ...

My dad breathed a sigh of relief -- it had been two whole days since Opal had even approached him. He really hadn't seen her much at all after her daughters / granddaughters sequestered her behind closed doors -- her room, of course.

But, last night .... his door opens and my dad hears, "Ed?! Ed?!" I think she may have a different name for him every time. He assured her that he was not "Ed" ... and added again, "Opal, go back to your room!" And she did!

So, we shall see today. It's humorous to us but sort of frustrating to my dad -- I guess he thinks he's a little too old for it to be termed "flattery". And I guess being called by someone else's name wouldn't endear you too much to that person if all the circumstances were great.

Then again ... he must remind her of "Ed" or perhaps she can't remember his name so grasps for the first name she can think of.

So much for the saga of the "Wanted" man!

No comments: