Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Backtracking a little ....


Now that we are home and recuperating from our weekend away (isn't it interesting that you need to recuperate from your recuperation!), I thought I would share photos of Saturday morning and Kamen's midget basketball game. Rachel and I tagged along with Kamen and his family. I wish you could have heard his "YES" when he found out that Rachel and I were going to be able to be there for the game!!



Watching a room full of 8-11 year olds (that's my guestimate of their ages and I'm probably wrong) play their hearts out was quite inspiring. Or watch them get offended and have to laugh at one gal who stuck her tongue out at another one who had stolen the ball from her! Now, that was quite hilarious!! Of course, had I been a mom, I would probably not have been as amused! (While you can't see it clearly -- unless you click on the photo above -- the basketball is hovering right above the net! And Kamen had put it there!!)

And then there was the mom who was so anxious that her son score points that the minute he got possession of the ball, she was yelling (very loudly), "Shoot! Shoot!!!" Okay, enough already! You should provide earplugs for those of us nearby! Then again, as I'm complaining (a little), I find myself yelling, "Go, Kamen" and know I'm one of those cheesy grandmothers!!



(Rachel, Roxanne and Chris watchin' the game ...) I was proud of Kamen for being a team player. He didn't want to hog the ball but I was also quite impressed when he did a "lay up" (is that what it's called?) and the ball swished right down through the net! What a guy!!



What fun for a Saturday morning!!!

No comments: