Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Math -- called 'babysitting'!!!

If you have been around for the trip down my 'blogger' lane, you may remember my discussion about staying with my grandchildren in Winter Haven and how it becomes a challenge at New Math. I think I have talked to Teri about four or five times this week -- and it usually starts something like this, Well, Mom, I do have everything written down for you but .. Bailey is going to stay with a friend on Friday night, Marley is going to a funeral tomorrow, Rudy has swimming lessons at 11:20am, Regan and Bailey don't have school tomorrow because of the funeral ... oh, and there's a sports banquet on Friday night -- the banquet part being a relative term as you don't need to stay for it because it is an exercise of chaos (sort of and having to keep track of the kids) ... oh, and by the way, Marley is staying with Meredith on Friday night ... and let me see, I think she told me that Regan is going home with someone from the banquet -- which means, I think I start with four when I get there tomorrow for a few minutes -- wait, Marley won't be there so it will be three. I think I may have four tomorrow night but will lose three by Friday night so it will just be Rudy and me on Friday night -- and Jordan. Did I forget Jordan? (She's the dog!)

Teri wanted to make sure it was okay if it was just Rudy and me on Friday night. I assured her that subtraction was better than addition -- like in times past when I thought I would have four and ended up with seven! Oh, well ... go figure! Then again, maybe not, since I can't seem to figure out the New Math anyway .. I must be getting old! Hopefully not ... so until tomorrow evening when I see if I actually end up with four, have a good evening! Not that anybody is listening .. or reading ... or whatever. And I think I shall stop while I am still ahead. I need to go pack a suitcase! And the camera for sure! Rudy turns 1 year old in a week! Yikes -- where has the last year gone???
By the way, that's my dad in the photo with Teri's young'uns. Bailey (9) is on the left and Regan (10) is on the right, in front. Marley is now 12 (going on 25) and is holding the little guy, Rudy, who turns 1 on May 3rd!

2 comments:

Bette said...

Great picture of your Dad with his Great-Grands. I'm with you on the New Math - but when you are using it concerning Grandkids - I guess exceptions can be made. Guess you aren't completely weary of living out of a suitcase. Of course we usually do most anything for our Grandkids....bette

Vonnie said...

I'm confused. :) But at least it doesn't look like you'll have seven/)