Friday, April 25, 2008

Sweetest words ...

I remember when our girls were little -- really little -- and we were anxious for them to talk. Roxanne talked the earliest -- at 7 months old; Sandi, the latest -- at 2-1/2. (She's made up for it since .. and Tim, my sweet brother, no comments about who she inherited that trait from!!)

But, whatever the time was, we were always anxious to see what they said first -- was it "Mama" or "Dada" ... or now that I have grandchildren, "Nana!"

I was pretty excited when 11-1/2 month old Rudy awakened me early this morning (I had a video monitor in the room where I was staying) with, "Nana!!" I didn't come quickly enough for him so he added about three more "Nana's" and the last one was rather emphatic!!

Did I come to him? You bet, not just because I would have but his plea of "Nana" added an urgency to my response!!

No comments: